The last few weeks, I've been so busy living life that I haven't had time to blog about it! So, for posterity's sake, here's a brief chronicle of the end of November and December.
* I attended a terrific women's conference at our old church. The speaker was wonderful, and I really enjoyed seeing friends I haven't seen in a while.
* I celebrated my 40th birthday. I can't believe I'm that old! Paul and the girls took me out for Tex-Mex and made me a cake. Some of the sweet ladies from church made a video for me, too.
* We had a small Thanksgiving celebration with just our family. We watched the Macy's parade, ate a fabulous meal, and then one of Paul's brothers and his family came over for a while. We also put up our tree and our indoor decorations!
* One of my birthday presents was a trip to San Antonio! I've never seen the Riverwalk all decked out for Christmas, and was so happy to finally get the chance! We ate great Tex-Mex, took in some history, visited with some new and some old friends, and saw the zoo. I didn't realize how much I needed a break until I got one!
* I had a fun evening at a cookie exchange with some of my friends.
* I helped Faith and Hope with their presentations for 4-H Demonstration Day. They won first place on the demonstration they did as a team and Faith won second and Hope won third on their individual demonstrations.
* The girls and I went to see Tangled and absolutely loved it! Paul joined us when we saw The Voyage of the Dawn Treader. It was another great movie.
* Hope did an excellent job at her piano recital! She played some the teacher version of the duets in her piano book and did such a good job! I'm so proud!
* We had fun with our Christmas traditions: making gingerbread houses, looking at Christmas lights, lighting our Advent candles.
* We opened our gifts the Tuesday before Christmas since my Mom was coming the next day. The girls loved their presents, and I love my new Pandora bracelet!!
* My Mom and my sister and her family came to our house for Christmas. We had a full house, but we really did have a good time! (And it motivated me to get my house cleaner than it's been in a while!)
* I spent lots of time bringing the Faith, Joy, and Grace to ballet practice for their performance in the Nutcracker! To their great disappointment, we even had practices over Christmas break. But those practices paid off! All the girls did such a good job, and my three were fantastic!! My Mom, my sister, and my niece got to come to the performance. It was so much fun watching my ballerinas perform and do so well!!
* We hosted a fun Christmas party at our house for our church family. (It would have been even more fun if my dishwasher weren't broken!)