Pages

Friday, March 30, 2007

The Devil Fights Dirty

Whenever God gives us a spiritual breakthrough we can count on opposition. I wish this weren't true, but it has happened over and over again in my life. This week was no different. At least this time the enemy had to try several different tactics before he found one that could shake me up. (Temporarily)

He tried to make me feel overwhelmed by the busy week I jumped into after returning from the conference. Didn't work. He wanted me to feel resentful that
Paul had to work late this week. Didn't work. He tempted me to feel sorry for myself because I was tired. Didn't work. So then he started playing dirty. He got to me through one of my children. Yesterday one of my girls had a major meltdown. One that was ugly and that lasted quite a while. I tried everything! Nothing worked! Finally she calmed down and was fine the rest of the day. But I wasn't. I saw the folly of some of my desperate measures and felt like a Bad Mom. That Bad Mom feeling has finally gone, and I am praying for God's wisdom in handling any future meltdowns.

I want to recognize all of Satan's schemes so I can call on God's power to withstand them! "No temptation has seized you except what is common to man. And God is faithful; He will not allow you to be tempted beyond what you can bear. But when you are tempted, He will also provide a way out so that you can stand up under it." - I Cor. 10:13


No comments:

Post a Comment