Pages

Friday, September 17, 2010

And If Our God Is For Us

I know my last post was in May.  Which is 4 months ago!  The last four months were full of summer fun, and now we're back to school.  We went to Disney World at the end of May with some great friends.  We had a fantastic time!!! We survived another year of VBS.  We swam and had fun at home.  Some of us went to youth camp.  The rest went to Winshape C3 camp.  We visited friends and family in Texas.  Where we had Chuys!  And got in a wreck.  We started a new year of homeschooling.  We went to Family Camp.  Oh yeah, we planted a church!

Back in May I still hadn't had any personal direction from God about church planting.  And I went through all of June and half of July wondering if God was going to speak to me directly or if I was just supposed to trust Paul in this momentous decision.  

Paul, Faith, and I went to Student Life Camp at Daytona Beach with the youth group from the church we belonged to.  I had looked forward to going for months.  Chris Tomlin led worship.  Matt Redmon gave a concert.  And Louie Giglio was our speaker.  Who wouldn't want to go?!  I asked God to clarify this whole church plant thing during the week of camp - even if His clarification was to trust my husband.

The first song we sang on the first night was Chris Tomlin's "Our God."  Even though we had sung this song several times at church, I didn't recognize it.  It was as if I were hearing this song for the first time.  And as the words washed over me, God spoke.  "And if our God is for us, then who can ever stop us.  And if our God is with us, then what can stand against."  I felt God telling me that all my concerns - What about my girls?  Will anyone come with us?  Will we have any money? - would be taken care of if God were truly in this.  Not that I thought everything would be easy.  Just that God would work all these details out for His glory.  I still wasn't 100% positive that God was leading us into planting a church, but I felt at peace that God would take care of all the details and questions that sometimes held me back.  At this point I thought God was probably leading us to plant a church.  And I was okay with that.  

But the week wasn't over yet...

No comments:

Post a Comment