Pages

Thursday, September 30, 2010

Praising God in Their Storm

I'll get back to the story of the beginning of The City Church soon, but today I want to write about some amazing friends.  This past weekend they received what was probably the hardest news of their lives.  And then they had to face the reality of sorrow and grief in a way they probably never thought they would have to.

Yet they were able to see God's hand and hang onto Jesus in the midst of grief.  I have seen them praise Him in their fierce storm.  I praise Jesus for their faith, for their love, for their authenticity as they walk this difficult path.

Paul and I have been blessed to have been able to pray for and with them and to just be there while they grieve.  I hope and pray our presence and our prayers have been at least a small encouragement to them.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment